Recipe for Banana-Carrot Pulp-Cranberry Gluten-free Muffin Tops (and Vegan Too)
3 C. organic Carrot Pulp
3 C. organic Quick Oats/Oat Flour Mix (I just throw the Oatmeal in the Vitamix) (I have also used part Quinoa flour-- also whirred up in my Vitamix)
1 T. Arrowroot Powder
2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
1 1/2 C. organic Cane Sugar (or similar sweetener)
2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 T. Cinnamon
1 C. organic Thompson Raisins
3 C. Mashed Banana AND oil to top up (such as Olive Oil)
6 T. Flaxseed Egg-Replacer (*See recipe below)
Drops of Young Living Thieves and Ginger Essential Oils (optional)
1/2 Bag fresh Cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I use a silicone mat on a cookie sheet (no greasing of pan required) but grease up a pan otherwise. Make up Flaxseed Egg Replacer if you haven't done so already:
The Recipe: Flaxseed Egg-Substitute
- Grind flaxseed to a fine powder in an electric coffee grinder.
- Mix flaxseed and water in blender and blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Chill for 1 hour to set up. It can be used now, but it has a more egg-like consistency if allowed to chill.
- Keep refrigerated up to 3 days
2. Use a wooden spoon to combine the Carrot Pulp, Oats/Oat Flour Mix, Arrowroot powder, Sugar, Celtic Sea Salt, Baking Soda and Cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in Thompson Raisins and stir until consistent texture
4. Mash about 5 ripe bananas and add in oil until the combo makes 3 Cups (or whirr the bananas in the Vitamix and then add in oil)
5. Make a hole in the dry ingredients and add in the banana-oil and flaxseed egg replacer. Add in other spices (including a couple of drops of essential oils, if using). Stir.
6. Add in fresh cranberries.
7. Mound in cookie shapes on the pan. Bake for about 10-20 minutes Take out just before they look ready. Cool on racks.
This recipe is from:
This site is full of really amazing recipes that I am excited to try, I just stumbled on this site today. Plus it's great to see that the recipes have Young Living Essential Oils in them, I love this because I am a big believer in using the oils as often as possible.
I am so excited to learn about the flaxseed egg replacement! It works perfect =)
I made a few slight modifications you can always try too. I used coconut oil instead of olive oil (only because we didn't have any) Then I realized most of my bananas were too green to even pull open! So I grabbed a buncha leftovers in the fridge to make that "3 cups of mashed banana" I ended up with 2 bananas, about a cup of leftover pumpkin I had previously purred for a soup, and less than a cup of leftover pineapple from my juicing, and lastly...applesauce. Also I only put in 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup agave.
BE CREATIVE with your baking, you never know what you might come up with!