Pasta & Chicken
Fettuccine, spaghetti, Bow ties...or whatever Pasta you have laying around the house
2 cups of cooked chicken (or if you have turkey, you can use that.)
1 cup milk
1 cup broth
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 t thyme
1 t celery salt
1 clove minced garlic (I am a garlic looover, so I put like 3)
1/4 t black pepper
2 T sweet rice flour stirred into 3 T water
(this is to thicken the sauce, if you don't have rice flour I am thinking you could probably use arrowroot or cornstarch)
1 can sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup bell pepper
1 T dried parsley
(you can sub in a lot of different veggies here, for example I subbed carrots for the mushrooms. Use whatever left over veggies you have in the fridge.)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 t dried parsley
1. Oven 375
2. 2 quart baking dish- Grease that baby up.
3. Scatter your uncooked pasta on the bottom of the dish, top it with your chicken/turkey
4. Medium saucepan- mix milk, broth, butter, 1/4 cup of cheese, thyme, celery salt, garlic, and pepper. Cook that saucey~sauce until its bubbly, then stir in your sweet rice flour mixture. Whisk~baby~whisk until it's thickened.
5. Pour half of sauce over chicken. Stir veggies into remaining sauce, then pour it over the chicken. Add the remaining 1/4 cup cheese on sauce, sprinkle your bread crumbs on top. Then add those yummy crunchy almonds to finish it off.
6. Stick her in the oven and bake for 30-35 min. When you pull out your casserole sprinkle the top with the parsley and serve that dish! Yum.