4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4t ground black pepper
1/2 cup + 2T cornstarch (you could also use arrowroot)
1 3/4 cup GF chicken broth
2 large egg yolks
2T canola oil
3T light brown sugar
3t ground ginger (I grated fresh ginger)
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1t grated lemon zest
2t snipped dried or fresh chives
1. Pat chicken breast dry, pound slightly to tenderize and flatten to 1/4in thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2t of salt and pepper.
2. Medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup cornstarch, 1/4 cup broth, and the egg yolks. Whisk until the batter is smooth. Dip each chicken breast in the batter.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 5-7 min per side, until brown. Remove chicken to a plate.
4. In the same skillet stir together remaining 2T of cornstarch, remaining 1/4t salt, the brown sugar, and ginger. Whisk in the remaining 1 1/2 cup of broth. Cook over medium heat, whisking, until the mixture thickens and comes to a complete boil. Remove skillet from heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest.
5. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with chives.
The first time I made this it was a little time consuming but once you get it down its not that hard. The lemon juice/zest could also be replaced with orange to make orange chicken. This is a tasty meal you don't want to miss out on, give it a try and let me know what you think!