Carrot Pulp Crust

I always have so much left over pulp after I am done juicing I decided to give this a whirl...



2 cups of carrot pulp
2 cups of sunflower seeds
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 T chopped onion
pinch of salt

Add your ingredients to your vita-mixer and begin on low variable speed, my vita-mixer wasn't thrilled about this so I had to add more lemon juice. But do what you can to get it a smooth mixture. Then spread it out on a dehydrator sheet and allow it to dehydrate overnight. (105 to 110 F) Then remove it, flip it over on the other side and go another couple hours.

Okay. I thought it tasted a little odd....the lemon made it very sweet. BUT if you filled this crust with stuff you may not notice. I was thinking of making some hummus and grilling up bell peppers to put on top. You could add fresh veggies to the top....it taste more like a cracker than a crust so you could put anything on it you would normally put on a cracker. I will have to get back to you on more ideas. Here is a topping I found at http://www.rawgenesis.com

1 cup pinenuts
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 small piece of ginger
1 clove garlic
1 ripe avocado
and salt

Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds good.


No comments:

Post a Comment